- Immersive Media Lab aims to work around the key research topics of virtual reality (VR), including 3D Data Capturing, Video Processing and Understanding, Video Coding and Communication, Image Quality Assessment, and et ac.
- Intelligent media is being investigated across the boundaries of computational intelligence, software engineering, machine learning, decision support, multi-source information fusion and knowledge discovery;
- Security media is to be investigated across the boundaries of data encryption, watermarking, authentication, digital signature of media content, and digital content protection;
- Bio-medical media is being investigated across the boundaries of medical imaging, bio-data analysis, bioinformatics, health care, and systems biology;
- Networked media is being investigated across the boundaries of video transmission over networks, source-channel coding, QoS, scalable video coding, distributed computing, and networked media management;
- Virtual media is being investigated across the boundaries of geometric design, virtual reality, mixed reality, computer animation, computer gaming, virtual environment, multimedia and visual information processing;
- Visual media is being investigated by focusing on image and video content processing, where semantic features rather than low-level features are being extracted, constructed, and recognized for a range of applications, including visual pattern recognition, visual information search & retrieval, computer vision, visual content interpretation, summarization and annotations;
- Mobile media is being investigated across the boundaries of mobile content generation, mobile video compression, mobile media processing, mobile visual applications, and mobile biometrics recognition.
Research Institute for Future Media Computing,Shenzhen University 2014 -